Thursday, September 11, 2008

AAAHHHH!!!! My fear has come to life! September 8-10


When I started this, my biggest fear is that I would forget one day and that day would become another and so on and so on. I am not the most organized person in the world, so it was probably a little foolish to think this would NEVER happen. I just didn't expect it to happen so soon. I am going to try and put Monday-Wednesday, September 8-10, in this post.
Monday Sept.8, A Day:
A1- Adv. HAVPA- They took their test over Art and Architecture. I thought we would have time to start the music unit, but I was wrong. Although the test was difficult in place, especially the beginning architecture terms, the art stuff was fun as the students busted on the colored pencils and markers.
A3- Sports Writing- They took their football quiz and worked on recognizing different ways to gather information.
A4- HAVPA- Also took the test. Also took the whole block. Also enjoyed using the colored pencils and markers.
Tuesday Sept. 9, B Day:
B1- AP Senior English- This is the class that I thought needed to step up to the plate. And, to no one's surprise, they did. A great discussion of "Interpreter of Maladies" that even included some extra pics that Parvathy sent me and I put in the PowerPoint. In class essay on Thursday!!
B3- AP Senior English- This class was having good discussion before and that did not change. Lots of participation. They also have an in class essay on Thursday!!
Wednesday Sept. 10 A Day:
A1- Adv. HAVPA- We began the day by looking at PLD's CATS scores in the online Lexington Herald-Leader. Do you know the only area that PLD was over 100? That's right, Arts and Humanities. I explained to them why we do what we do. Short answer: It works! We began taking notes on the music terms and even played a couple of selections from my iPod. Can you believe only one person had ever heard "Summertime" by DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince?!?!? I am getting so old. They are supposed to bring in music examples on Friday.
A3- Sports Writing- After reading about UK football for the 100th time so far this school year (probably an exaggeration) we worked on identifying errors using the PLD Style Sheet and reviewed for the Ch. 1-3 quiz which will be on Friday.
A4- HAVPA- We also discussed the CATS scores and I hoped that served as motivation for some students in A1 and A4. A few more of them had heard "Summertime", so I don't feel quite so old as I did earlier. We finished the music notes and they are supposed to bring in music examples on Friday as well.
I hope I don't have to do any of these giant posts again. Too much time. I need to add a Post-It note to my computer reminding me to take five minutes at the end of the day or something.
Anyway, I should be back this afternoon with a post for today.

No comments: